- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is available to all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal applicants will get consideration that is first. $1.00 per hour through the base wage shall be diverted towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates needs to be open to work any assigned routine. This position is exempt through the conditions for the Fair work guidelines Act and it is maybe maybe maybe not overtime-eligible .
JOB EXPLANATION: The duties with this category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and continue maintaining a wastewater therapy center, collection and conveyance system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and demands and are accountable for preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker job performance and provide constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of the team together with long-range preparation and scheduling of a team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work because of the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, maintain stock, guarantee requisition procedures are followed while making budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned part of major construction jobs with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide technical expertise on long-range unique jobs; offer way to senior staff on special tasks.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work sales along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to other people and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just just take action that is corrective appropriate. Can be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Run, monitor and control gear and systems making use of computer that is complex. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume functional obligations in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes as well as other operations.
- Perform the duties regarding the other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be around to the office all change schedules, including rotating changes; might be necessary to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task administration methods and axioms
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide gas, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major components, causes for alarms and monitoring that is handy remote control system for the gear and systems within the initial, main and secondary, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with experience with the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor a major wastewater therapy system
- Advanced familiarity with experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the gear and systems within the preliminary therapy area, main therapy area, additional area, solids handling area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air conditioning, odor control, electrical, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a powerful working relationship using the general general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and complex smell control systems and also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge into the application of participative workplace business concepts, like the company preparation process, the establishment of requirements and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience into the application of security policies, procedures and methods for confined room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing straight back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that is department-wide
- Experience in advanced level training to generally meet or surpass King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and advisor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Suggestions LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State Driver’s License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is would be useful for this selection process. Report about interior candidates will include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, internal guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. Outside prospects will demand associates for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
To get more details about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific